EaseMyTrip IPO: Key Details
Note: We neither trade nor encourage our readers to trade in the Grey Market. We share the GMP information for educational purposes only, so that, you can make an informed decision.
Easy Trip Planners Limited (EaseMyTrip.com), incorporated in 2008, is ranked second among the Key Online Travel Agencies in India in terms of booking volume in the nine months ended December 31, 2020, and third among the Key Online Travel Agencies in India in terms of gross booking revenues in Fiscal 2020.
They offer a comprehensive range of travel-related products and services for end-to-end travel solutions, including airline tickets, hotels and holiday packages, rail tickets, bus tickets and taxis as well as ancillary value-added services such as travel insurance, visa processing and tickets for activities and attractions. As of December 31, 2020, the company provided its customers with access to more than 400 international and domestic airlines, more than 1,096,400 hotels in India and international jurisdictions, almost all the railway stations in India as well as bus tickets and taxi rentals for major cities in India. In addition, as of March 31, 2020, it had 55,981 travel agents registered with it across almost all major cities in India.
Its market share in the total Indian online travel agency industry in terms of gross booking revenues and gross booking revenues for the airline ticketing segment was approximately 4.6%, and 5.5% to 6.5%, respectively, in Fiscals 2018,2019 and 2020.
- A customer-focused approach, including the option of no-convenience fee
- Consistent track record of financial and operational performance with lean and cost-efficient operations
- In-house advanced technology and analytics capabilities
- Wide distribution network supported by a hybrid platform
- A well-recognized brand with a targeted marketing strategy
- Experienced management team with an established track record
- Capitalize on travel industry growth opportunities
- Focus on expanding the hotel and holiday packages, and railway ticketing operations
- Leverage existing travel agent network in Tier II and Tier III cities and focus on corporate business to grow the business
- Continue to invest in technology and product development capabilities
- Continue to enhance cross-selling opportunities and promote the brand
Proceeds from Offer for Sale of EaseMyTrip IPO will be used to:
- Achieve the benefits of listing the Equity Shares on the Stock Exchanges
- Execute sale of up to [●] equity shares by the promoter selling shareholders aggregating up to ₹ 510 Crore
EaseMyTrip IPO: Financials
|2018||2019||2020 Mar||2020 Dec|
|Revenue from Ops||₹100.11 Cr||₹101.11 Cr||₹140.99 Cr||₹49.25 Cr|
|Profit before Tax||₹10.53 Cr||₹41.18Cr||₹47.52 Cr||₹41.84 Cr|
|Profit after Tax||₹6.61 Cr||₹29.34 Cr||₹34.65 Cr||₹31.11 Cr|
|As of March 2020||EPS||P/E (Floor)||P/E (Cap)|
|Based on basic EPS||3.19||58.31||58.62|
Comparison with listed industry peers
According to the RHP, none of the listed companies in India are engaged in a portfolio of business similar to EaseMyTrip (MakeMyTrip, Yatra Online are listed on US stock exchanges)
EaseMyTrip IPO Dashboard
|Issue Size||₹510 Cr|
|Offer for Sale||₹510 Cr|
|Face Value||₹2/- per Equity Share|
|IPO Price||₹186 – ₹187|
|Lot Size||80 shares|
|Lots||Min 1 – Max 13|
|Initiation of Refunds||17/03/2021|
|Credit of Shares||18/03/2021|
Lot Size and Price
EaseMyTrip IPO: Investor Quota and Shares Offered
|Investor Type||Quota||Shares on Offer|
|RII (Retail)||35%||27,41,935 shares|
EaseMyTrip IPO: Risks
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had and is expected to have, a material adverse effect on the travel
industry and the business, financial condition, results of operations and cash flows.
- The company is dependent on the airline ticketing business, which generates a significant percentage of its revenues and is derived from a small number of airline suppliers in India.
- The travel industry for India and India-related travel is intensely competitive, and the company may not be able to effectively compete in the future
- Some of the travel suppliers, including airlines and GDS and API service providers, may reduce or
eliminate the commission, incentive and other compensation they pay the company for the sale of airline tickets and this could adversely affect the business.
- The company has a limited experience and operating history in certain businesses, particularly in hotels and holiday packages, and railway ticketing operations, which makes it difficult to accurately assess the future growth prospects
For complete internal and external risk factors, you can refer the RHP of the company.
EaseMyTrip IPO: Registrar and Lead Managers
Registrar of the Issue
KFintech (Formerly Karvy)
Selenium Building, Financial District, Nanakramguda, Serilingampally,
Rangareddi, Telangana India – 500 032.
Email: [email protected]