Kalyan Jewellers IPO: Key Details
Note: We neither trade nor encourage our readers to trade in the Grey Market. We share the GMP information for educational purposes only, so that, you can make an informed decision.
Kalyan Jewellers Limited, incorporated in 1993, with a single showroom in Thrissur, Kerala are one of the largest jewellery companies in India based on revenue as of March 31, 2020. They have since expanded to become a pan-India jewellery company, with 107 showrooms located across 21 states and union territories in India, and also have an international presence with 30 showrooms located in the Middle East as of December 31, 2020.
In Fiscal 2020 and in the nine months ended December 31, 2020, their revenue from operations was ₹10,100.92 crore and ₹5,516.7o crore, of which 78.19% and 86.21% was from India and 21.81% and 13.79% was from the Middle East. Their total showrooms have increased from 77 as of March 31, 2015 to 137 showrooms as of December 31, 2020. They also sell jewellery through its online platform at www.candere.com.
They design, manufacture and sell a wide range of gold, studded and other jewellery products across various price points ranging from jewellery for special occasions, such as weddings, which is their highest-selling product category, to daily-wear jewellery. In Fiscal 2020 and in the nine months ended December 31, 2020, 74.77% and 75.88%, respectively, of our revenue from operations was from the sale of gold jewellery, 23.36% and 21.72%, respectively, was from the sale of studded jewellery (which includes diamonds and precious stones), and 1.87% and 2.40%, respectively, was from the sale of other jewellery.
- An established brand built on the core values of trust and transparency.
- One of India’s largest jewellery companies with a pan-India presence
- Hyperlocal strategy enabling us to cater to a wide range of geographies and customer segments
- Extensive grassroots “My Kalyan” network with strong distribution capabilities enabling deep customer outreach
- Visionary Promoters with strong leadership and a demonstrated track record supported by a highly experienced and accomplished senior management team and board of directors
- Wide range of product offerings targeted at a diverse set of customers
- Robust and effective internal control processes to support a growing organisation and showroom network with a pan-India presence
- Leverage the scalable business model to expand its showroom network and diversify the channels of distribution
- Widen the product offerings to further increase consumer reach
- Leverage its “My Kalyan” network to deepen customer outreach and strengthen the distribution network in its core markets
- Invest in CRM, marketing and analytics to more effectively target consumers and drive sales
Proceeds from Kalyan Jewellers IPO will be used to:
- Funding working capital requirements of the Company; and
- General corporate purposes
Kalyan Jewellers IPO: Financials
|2018||2019||2020 Mar||2020 Dec|
|Revenue from Ops||₹1,054.79 Cr||₹9770.08 Cr||₹1,010.09 Cr||₹5516.70 Cr|
|Profit before Tax||₹213.79 Cr||₹20.93 Cr||₹220.89 Cr||₹(59.12) Cr|
|Profit after Tax||₹31.53 Cr||₹97.37 Cr||₹41.07 Cr||₹(79.95) Cr|
|As of March 2020||EPS||P/E (Floor)||P/E (Cap)|
|Based on basic EPS||1.70||50.59||51.18|
Kalyan Jewellers IPO: Comparison with listed industry peers
Kalyan Jewellers IPO Dashboard
|Issue Size||₹1,175 Cr|
|Fresh Issue||₹800 Cr|
|Offer for Sale||₹375 Cr|
|Face Value||₹10/- per Equity Share|
|IPO Price||₹86 – ₹87|
|Lot Size||172 shares|
|Lots||Min 1 – Max 13|
|Initiation of Refunds||24/03/2021|
|Credit of Shares||25/03/2021|
Lot Size and Price
Kalyan Jewellers IPO: Investor Quota and Shares Offered
|Investor Type||Quota||Shares on Offer|
Kalyan Jewellers IPO: Risks
- The strength of the brands is crucial to its success and it may not succeed in continuing to maintain and develop its brands.
- Their ability to attract customers is dependent on the success and visibility of our showrooms.
- They may be unable to respond to changes in consumer demands and market trends in a timely manner.
- They are subject to succession risks as they have entered into nominee shareholder arrangements with natural persons
- The agreements governing its indebtedness contain conditions and restrictions on its operations, additional financing and capital structure.
Kalyan Jewellers IPO: Registrar and Lead Managers
Registrar of the Issue
Link Intime India Private Limited
C-101, 1st floor, 247 Park
L. B. S. Marg, Vikhroli West
Mumbai 400 083, Maharashtra, India
Phone:(91 22) 4918 6200
Email: [email protected]
Lead Managers of the Issue
Axis Capital Limited
Citigroup Global Markets India Private Limited
ICICI Securities Limited
SBI Capital Markets Limited
BOB Capital Markets Limited
Phone: +91-22-4325 2183 / +91-22-6175 9999
Email: [email protected]axiscap.in