KIMS Hospitals IPO: Key Details
Note: We neither trade nor encourage our readers to trade in the Grey Market. We share the GMP information for educational purposes only, so that, you can make an informed decision.
Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), incorporated in 1973, is one of the largest corporate healthcare groups in AP and Telangana in terms of the number of patients treated and treatments
offered. They provide multi-disciplinary integrated healthcare services, with a focus on primary secondary & tertiary care in Tier 2-3 cities and primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary healthcare in Tier 1 cities.
They operate 9 multi-specialty hospitals under the “KIMS Hospitals” brand, with an aggregate bed capacity of 3,064, including over 2,500 operational beds as of March 31, 2021, which is 2.2 times more beds than the second largest provider in AP and Telangana.
They offer a comprehensive range of healthcare services across over 25 specialties and super specialties, including cardiac sciences, oncology, neurosciences, gastric sciences, orthopaedics, organ transplantation, renal sciences and mother & child care.
- Regional leadership through delivering clinical excellence and affordable healthcare.
- Ability to attract, train and retain high-quality doctors, consultants, and medical support staff.
- Track record of strong operational and financial performance.
- Well-positioned to consolidate in India’s large, unorganised yet rapidly growing and underserved affordable healthcare market.
- Disciplined approach to acquisitions resulting in successful inorganic growth.
- Experienced senior management team with strong institutional shareholder support
- Strengthen existing hospitals and specialties
- Strategically grow presence in adjacent markets
- Implementation of initiatives to improve existing operational efficiencies
- Invest in digital health care and technology
Proceeds from KIMS Hospitals IPO will be used to:
- Repayment and/or prepayment, in full or part, of certain borrowings availed by Company; and
- General corporate purposes
KIMS Hospitals IPO: Financials
|Revenue from Ops||₹918.01 Cr||₹1,122.6 Cr||₹1,329.94 Cr|
|Profit before Excep*||₹(15.38) Cr||₹140.53 Cr||₹279.02 Cr|
|Profit after Tax||₹(48.81) Cr||₹115.07 Cr||₹205.48 Cr|
|As of March 2020||EPS (Avg)||P/E (Floor)||P/E (Cap)|
|Based on basic EPS||17.62||46.25||46.82|
Comparison with listed industry peers
KIMS Hospitals IPO Dashboard
|Issue Size||₹2143.74 Cr|
|Fresh Issue||₹200 Cr|
|Offer for Sale||₹1,943.74 Cr|
|Face Value||₹10/- per Equity Share|
|IPO Price||₹815 – ₹825|
|Lot Size||18 shares|
|Lots||Min 1 – Max 13|
|Initiation of Refunds||24/06/2021|
|Credit of Shares||25/06/2021|
Lot Size and Price
KIMS Hospitals IPO: Investor Quota and Shares Offered
|Investor Type||Quota||Shares on Offer|
|RII (Retail)||10%||25,74,235 shares|
KIMS Hospitals IPO: Risks
- Highly dependent on healthcare professionals, the business and financial results could be impacted if the company is not able to attract and retain such healthcare professionals
- Revenues are highly dependent on hospitals in Hyderabad (Telangana). They are also significantly dependent on certain specialties for a majority of their revenues.
- The company has ceased operations at some of the facilities in the past, and we may continue to do so in the future
- They have not been able to obtain certain records of educational qualifications and past work experience of one of its Promoters and Directors, and have relied on certificates and affidavits furnished by them for such details
- Certain lands on which hospital buildings and ancillary facilities are operating are not owned are not leased on a perpetual basis.
- One of the hospital buildings taken on lease, KIMS Kondapur, does not possess the requisite occupancy certificate from the relevant municipal authority and fire NoC from Telangana State.
For complete internal and external risk factors, you can refer the RHP of the company.
KIMS Hospitals IPO: Registrar and Lead Managers
Registrar of the Issue
C-101, 247 Park
L B S Marg, Vikhroli (West)
Mumbai 400 083
Phone: 022 4918 6200
Email: [email protected]
Lead Managers of the Issue
Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Ltd
Credit Suisse Securities Private Limited
Axis Capital Limited
IIFL Securities Limited
Phone: +91-22-4366 0000 / +91-22-6777 3885
Email: [email protected]